Meisterplan + Excel
Easily Import and Export Project Data to and from Excel
Many businesses manage detailed project data in multiple Excel spreadsheets. This provides good support for the implementation of individual projects, but to make strategic project portfolio decisions, you need to have integrated data with an overview of all information from various data sources. Replace those numerous spreadsheets by loading your existing data in Meisterplan to experience quality portfolio planning.
Easily Get Your Data from Excel to Meisterplan with Quick Import
Our Quick Import is an easy copy and paste import to move your data from spreadsheets to Meisterplan within minutes.
- Copy and paste data from any Excel spreadsheet.
- Use our sample spreadsheets to ensure all of the necessary information is included in your spreadsheet.
- Update data just as quickly with the same copy and paste import.
Use Our Excel Import and Export for a Comprehensive Bulk Import of Your Data
Our Excel Import and Export is perfect for portfolio managers who need a bulk import of data or to use as a manual interface with other tools to ensure you get all of the information you need for portfolio planning in Meisterplan.
- Consolidate your data from multiple Microsoft Excel sources into Meisterplan for a comprehensive view of your project portfolio.
- Use that comprehensive data to simulate different scenarios including changes to prioritization, scheduling of projects and resource capacities.
- Communicate plan changes by exporting the new plan to your existing Excel structure.
- Access a pivot report with all allocations to export your data as a complete package to Excel.
How to Use Quick Import
- Collect the data that you want to import into Meisterplan in any spreadsheet (MS Excel, Google Sheets, etc.).
- Use our sample spreadsheet to ensure you prepare the right data.
- Copy and paste your data from the spreadsheet into Meisterplan.
- Match your column names to the appropriate fields in Meisterplan (if the names are the same, this happens automatically).
- Validate your data and correct any errors.
- Click import and done!
How to Use Excel Import and Export
- In the main menu, you will find the option to load your plan data directly from Excel into Meisterplan.
- There are two Excel import modes:
Keep and Update – this mode lets you keep all of your plan data, update it, and add new elements.
Delete and Replace – this mode lets you delete the existing data in Meisterplan and replace it with the newly imported projects, resources, and roles.
- The Meisterplan Reporting API enables you to query Meisterplan data directly from Excel and to load the reporting data into an Excel file.
What Customers Love About Meisterplan
“This tool gives us the invaluable insight we need to make important decisions about when to start projects and when to hire. It can help you align your hiring needs with your sales pipeline. It's the only tool in its class that provides capacity planning and projections to coordinate hiring and sales leads.”
“Meisterplan filled a significant gap for us in understanding how we are utilizing our capacity. We now have a much better idea when we need to either say no to new projects or adjust timelines and team members assigned to projects. No other tool gave us this high-level view. It brought our stress level down.”
“Meisterplan simplified our resource management. Great too to streamline your complete resource management which will save you lots of planning hours and avoid misunderstandings. You always see the current allocation of your resources and with simple drag-and-drop you move projects and recognize the changes for your resources and financials.”
“Meisterplan helps us deliver our projects on time, within the agreed budget, and in top quality.”
“With Meisterplan we were productive in just a few hours without extensive training. It offers the chance to use our own project management method which makes it quite simple to roll out. And it's well done for project portfolio management. Project Portfolio Management and Project Management Processes become simple and fast.”
“With Meisterplan, our resource utilization is more transparent. Due to the seamless integration into our existing processes, we can increase the satisfaction of both our customers and employees.”
“Meisterplan is critical to the management of our project portfolio.”
“Meisterplan is now a key element of our portfolio planning. It helps us to make sure that our portfolio is realistic and that we create plans that really work.”
“Everyday is a Meisterplan Day. Thanks to the simplicity of the product and its excellent usability the Project Portfolio Process PPM was holistically optimized and strategic decisions for projects ensured. Eager to further enhance maturity of PPM with future releases of the product.”
“I believe in the solution and see how it can benefit any company that manages multiple projects simultaneously. Which I think is just about EVERY company!”
“State of the art resource planning. We manage more than 100 projects and change requests every year. Meisterplan helps us maximize our resources and keep track of our projects. The operation is simple, so no training is required for the application. For me, Meisterplan is the best resource planning tool currently available.”
“Meisterplan opened our eyes to resource bottlenecks and new portfolio solutions.”
“With Meisterplan, we can always see what exactly the impact of doing any project is – and it´s really simple to use.”
“Meisterplan is an excellent Resource Management tool. The visual interface makes the software intuitive to understand and use. I have found few other tools that can match its capabilities. Definitely love the scenario comparison function. It's pretty easy to get up and running, but you can get more complex as you get more comfortable.”
“I give Meisterplan an A+ for the experience of modifying the project timeline and resourcing. Consider this model if you’ve struggled to forecast resource capacity using spreadsheets or large commercial tools.”