Ensure the right employees are assigned to the right work without being overbooked
- See resource availability and utilization to realistically allocate resources
- Identify and escalate resource over-allocations even before they occur
- Adjust allocations to resolve conflicts
Allocate to the level you need when you need it
- Start with role-based allocations for rough effort estimations, then staff individuals by roles, skills and availability when ready
- Allocate by person days, full-time equivalent (FTE) or hourly based on what fits your needs
- Customizable allocation view options include on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis using a grid or flexible mode
Use roles as a placeholder for individual employees
- Estimate and adjust effort needed for new demands based on roles
- Allocate capacity to roles for planning purposes
- Reserve role capacity across departments for cross-functional projects
Choose specific people who are right for each project role
- Choose individuals based on role, skills and availability
- Staff individuals to projects for pre-selected project teams
- Maximize resource utilization by matching the most qualified and available employees to the most important projects
Allocation Heat Map
Quickly identify allocation issues
- Configure your thresholds that define over and underallocations
- Use the heat map to spot overallocations
- Discover which resources have available capacity
Resource Scenario Planning
Test options to resolve resource bottlenecks
- Instantly see and test alternatives for employees who are overbooked or projects that need more capacity
- Simulate ways to maximize your resource utilization
- Create plan alternatives like finding available resources or adjusting project scheduling to avoid overbooking employees
See and edit information on employees and roles
- Capture capabilities, departments, costs and working hours of internal and external resources
- Plan high level using role capacity instead of individual employees
- Import employees directly from your HR software
Calendars and Absences
Customize calendars for accurate capacity planning
- Choose the calendar for your region and customize holidays to fit your organization
- Define hours and full-time equivalent (FTE) value
- Enter individual absences such as vacation, sick time and leaves
I give Meisterplan an A+ for the experience of modifying the project timeline and resourcing. Consider this model if you’ve struggled to forecast resource capacity using spreadsheets or large commercial tools.
When you don’t have a resource management tool you end up putting work on people without knowing how loaded they are. That leads to health problems, such as stress. It leads to people working ridiculously long hours. The retention of your staff goes down. With Meisterplan, we can protect our people.
With Meisterplan, our resource utilization is more transparent. Due to the seamless integration into our existing processes, we can increase the satisfaction of both our customers and employees.
Meisterplan opened our eyes to resource bottlenecks and new portfolio solutions.
For tactical resource planning at the role level, we use Meisterplan, with Clarity providing the data basis. We have used this to also introduce the topic of portfolio management in IT.
Meisterplan filled a significant gap for us in understanding how we are utilizing our capacity. We now have a much better idea when we need to either say no to new projects or adjust timelines and team members assigned to projects. No other tool gave us this high-level view. It brought our stress level down.