Majorel was created in January 2019 when Bertelsmann and Saham entered into a strategic partnership to jointly build a leading provider of customer experience solutions with annual sales of around 1.2 billion euros. Majorel combines the customer experience businesses of Bertelsmann and the Saham Group with approximately 50,000 employees, including about 600 in IT.
Large Organization + Multiple Tools = No Clear Overview
- Majorel was developed from the merger of Customer Experience divisions of Bertelsmann and the Saham Group.
- They introduced a new organizational structure for IT consisting of 600 IT staff organized into market teams and a global IT team for cross-functional projects.
- Several tools and methods were being used across the organization.
- They need to answer open questions from the IT department, including: Are we doing a similar project in two regions in parallel? Are we pursuing our strategy in a targeted manner? How can we clearly report to management?
Define, Test, Roll Out a PPM Process – with Meisterplan as a Tool
- An IT PMO Policy was developed that included a rolling process with the right roles and committees with binding responsibilities.
- The process was successfully introduced to a pilot region with subsequent expansion to all IT portfolios.
- Meisterplan was implemented as an overarching portfolio management tool for all existing project management tools, which can still be used in the various regions.
- The Meisterplan Customer Success Team supported Majorel with the process design, the drafting of the IT PMO policy, and user training.
- They connected their Meisterplan data to Power BI through the standard interface to Meisterplan to take advantage of clear dashboards for the IT staff and management.
Based on the Lean PPM™ method, Majorel developed a portfolio process together with Meisterplan. The result is an overview of all IT projects and a structured process to manage the portfolio.