Large Organization + Multiple Tools = No Clear Overview
- Majorel was developed from the merger of Customer Experience divisions of Bertelsmann and the Saham Group.
- They introduced a new organizational structure for IT consisting of 600 IT staff organized into market teams and a global IT team for cross-functional projects.
- Several tools and methods were being used across the organization.
- They need to answer open questions from the IT department, including: Are we doing a similar project in two regions in parallel? Are we pursuing our strategy in a targeted manner? How can we clearly report to management?
Define, Test, Roll Out a PPM Process – with Meisterplan as a Tool
Based on the Lean PPM™ method, Majorel developed a portfolio process together with Meisterplan. The result is an overview of all IT projects and a structured process to manage the portfolio.
- An IT PMO Policy was developed that included a rolling process with the right roles and committees with binding responsibilities.
- The process was successfully introduced to a pilot region with subsequent expansion to all IT portfolios.
- Meisterplan was implemented as an overarching portfolio management tool for all existing project management tools, which can still be used in the various regions.
- The Meisterplan Customer Success Team supported Majorel with the process design, the drafting of the IT PMO policy, and user training.
- They connected their Meisterplan data to Power BI through the standard interface to Meisterplan to take advantage of clear dashboards for the IT staff and management.
What Derek Loves About Meisterplan
I believe in the solution and see how it can benefit any company that manages multiple projects simultaneously. Which I think is just about EVERY company!
What Michael Loves About Meisterplan
Best resource management solution. We took Meisterplan for planning our consultants and external projects and found it quite helpful. It's so easy to assign resources to projects and to see what happens with their capacity. At the end we improved our planning accuracy and the communication with our customers.
What Paul Loves About Meisterplan
Meisterplan helped us get to grips with our client delivery projects, allowing us to identify and track our key milestones, manage our resource planning, and forecasting . The product is simple and easy to use and the support and people are second to none. Supports the decision-making process of the Management Board.
What Mike Loves About Meisterplan
Meisterplan have supported us through its adoption and continue to evolve the solution in line with our and other customer needs.
What Dan Loves About Meisterplan
One of our problems was being able to show everybody our portfolio plan. Now we see all our projects we would talk about, graphically depicted. You can see their durations and when you scroll down, you can see the team. Maybe these two projects are significant and they're taking two resources each for this period of time. We can now see how much room is in the capacity bucket that we have left to fill. From here we can look at our options. Using Meisterplan to do that helps us show our work and provide transparency.
What Matthias Loves About Meisterplan
For tactical resource planning at the role level, we use Meisterplan, with Clarity providing the data basis. We have used this to also introduce the topic of portfolio management in IT.
What Benjamin Loves About Meisterplan
Easy to use resource planning application. Until now we used Excel for resource planning. With Meisterplan, it was so easy to import our existing excel planning that we could start with the solution in less than a day.
Majorel was created in January 2019 when Bertelsmann and Saham entered into a strategic partnership to jointly build a leading provider of customer experience solutions with annual sales of around 1.2 billion euros. Majorel combines the customer experience businesses of Bertelsmann and the Saham Group with approximately 50,000 employees, including about 600 in IT.