Join Our Team
Senior Customer Success Manager
Organizational decision-making is a mess. We found the method in it.
Meisterplan helps leaders answer a complex and critical question they face every day. The question’s a simple one: which initiatives should we be driving, when, and who is working on them?
Yet, with constant changes to employee availabilities, corporate objectives, project progress, and sprint performance, and with teams working in a myriad of tools, this question is almost impossible to answer.
Our real-time Lean Project Portfolio Management™ engine gives customers the ability to be on top of things, nevertheless. Key features include what-if analysis, costs and benefit scenarios, and resource constraint planning, all from a single screen.
Meisterplan is a self-funded scale-up, founded in Germany, with a distributed North American workforce currently located in Washington, Colorado, Toronto, Texas and North Carolina. We are a fun, dynamic company who value our customers’ success above anything else.
We love winning new customers (400 great brands and counting), yet our values mean more to us than growth at all cost. Our 70-strong global team enjoys our collaborative and friendly work culture.
We are looking to fill a critical role to help us accelerate the growth of our business in the Americas and Asia Pacific Region. The key focus of the Senior Customer Success Manager is to partner with existing and new clients to identify, engineer, and deliver business solutions.
The successful candidate will be able to apply expertise from a Consulting background – ideally in Project Management or Project Portfolio Management – to identify customers’ business needs, create and recommend the appropriate Meisterplan solutions that address those needs, and assist clients in implementing those solutions.
As this role will service the Americas and Asia-Pacific regions, we are placing an emphasis on East or West Coast candidates at this time.
- Contribute to the success of the local Customer Success team, with a high degree of reliability, structure, and empathy
- Lead the execution of Lean PPM client engagements, including continual configuration, maintenance, and advancement of Meisterplan
- Partner with client stakeholders and senior Meisterplan staff to define business and functional requirements that translate into a working set of operational and financial models, dashboards, and management reporting
- Conduct assessment and gap analysis (may also include maturity assessment) of organization’s current/future state of project management and build road map of short-term/long-term goals
- Conduct discovery sessions to inform business requirements and solution design
- Responsible for the delivery of assigned projects and acts as the primary communication point with clients
- Configure Meisterplan to meet the business requirements
- Drive the definition, establishment and acceptance of best practices and common processes utilizing Meisterplan
- Prepare and present training materials
- Strong customer focus, excellent people skills and the ability to develop process driven solutions
- Possess a unique blend of business, financial, and technical knowledge to help implement and operationalize a Project Portfolio Management solution.
- Direct experience consulting with a range of clients/industries
- 8-10 years of experience in a professional work environment
- Ability to travel approximately up to 50% of the time, including occasional international travel
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience effectively leading large-scale projects/programs with significant change impact and multiple dependencies within and across organizational boundaries
- Understanding of “traditional” PMO, but focused on “lean” PMO (i.e., move faster, be flexible, adapt, standardization not a high priority)
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Prior management experience
- Master’s Degree